Welcome to the website of the Graduate School of Professional Legal Education.
The Graduate School was established in 2008
• It is the sole provider of professional legal education in the north-west and only the second provider in Northern Ireland
• There are 28 places for trainees wishing to obtain the Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice which will enable them to qualify as solicitors.
• It has a team of experienced legal professionals, both solicitors and barristers, delivers the core subjects of the course.
• Leading practitioners from the north-west and across Northern Ireland also assist to give the trainees the benefit of their professional experience.
• The School works closely with the Law Society to ensure that the course meets the requirements of the legal profession.
• We provide a professional education for the professional lives our trainees will lead.
• The focus of the course is on equipping students with the necessary practical skills to discharge their professional functions as solicitors including negotiation, advocacy, and drafting legal documents.
• We seek to create an interactive and innovative learning environment and will expect our trainees to make a major contribution to that process.
• We have our own dedicated space in the Magee campus which enables us to provide an enjoyable learning environment for the solicitor trainees and for our staff.